Doha Shree Guru Charan Saroj Raj, Nij Man Mukur Sudhari
Barnaun Raghubar Bimal Jasu, Jo Dayaku Phal Chari
I take the dust of Lotus like the feet of my teacher. I clean
the mirror of my mind. I narrate the pure glory of Sri Ram Chandra who
is the giver of the four rewards, viz. Dharm, Arth, Kaam and Moksha.
Buddhiheen Tanu Jaani ke, Sumiraun Pavan-Kumar
Bal Budhi Bidya Dehu Mohin, Harahu Kales Bikaar
Knowing myself to be ignorant, I remember Hanuman, the son of
wind (Pavan). Kindly Bestow upon me strength, wisdom and knowledge, and
remove my miseries and blemishes. Here I am explaining complete meaning
of hanuman chalisa and lyrics.
1.Jai Hanuman Gyan Gun Sagar, Jai Kapees Tihun Lok Ujagar
Victory to Thee, O Hanuman, the ocean of wisdom and virtue.
Victory to the Lord of apes, the one who is known in the three worlds.
2. Ramdoot Atulit Bal Dhama, Anjaniputra Pavansut Naama
You are the messenger of Ram and the repository of immeasurable
strength. You are the son of mother Anjani. The son of the wind is your
3. Mahabeer Bikram Bajrangi, Kumati Nivaar Sumati Ke Sangi
You are the most valiant and brave, with a body like lightening.
You are the dispeller of evil thoughts and the companion of good
4. Kanchan Baran Biraaj Subesa, Kanankundal kunchit kesa
Your complexion is golden colored. Your dress is pretty, wearing rings in the ears and your hairs are curly.
Carrying the Lord's ring in your mouth, you jumped across the
ocean from Rameshwaram to Lanka. There is no wonder that you can achieve
such a feat.
20. Durgam Kaaj Jagat Ke Jete, Sugam Anugrah Tumhre Tete
All the difficult tasks of the world are made easy by your grace.
21. Ram Duaare Tum Rakhvare, Hot Na Aagya Bin Paisare
You keep the door of Ram's abode secure. No one may enter without your permission.
22. Sab Sukh Lahai Tumhari Sarna, Tum Rachchak Kaahu Ko Dar na
All the happinesses rest under your grace. When you are the protector, then no one else’s fear is there.
23. Aapan Tej Samharo Aapai, Teenon Lok Hank Te Kanpai
Only you can control your own might. When you roar, all the three worlds tremble.
24. Bhoot Pisaach Nikat Nahin Aavai, Mahabir Jab Naam Sunavai
Ghosts and evil spirits don’t come near when devotees speak the name "Mahabeer”.
25. Nasai Rog Harai Sab Peera, Japat Nirantar Hanumat Beera
The maladies perish and entire pain disappears by regularly reciting brave Hanumanji's name.
26. Sankat Te Hanuman Chhudavai, Man Kram Bachan Dhyan Jo Lavai
Hanumanji rescue them from danger, who brings him in thoughts, rituals and words.
27. Sub Par Ram Tapasvee Raaja, Tin Ke Kaaj Sakal Tum Saaja
Rama is the Supreme religious king above all and you straightened out all his works.
28. Aur Manorath Jo Koi Lavai, Soi Amit Jivan Phal Pavai
Whichever desire anyone cherishes, he begets the unlimited eternal fruit of life.
29. Charon Jug Partap Tumhara, Hai Parsiddha Jagat Ujiyara
Your glory is remains in the four ages (Satyug, tretayug,
Dwaparyug and Kaliyug) and your aura is famous all over the world.
30. Sadhu Sant Ke Tum Rakhvare, Asur Nikandan Ram Dulare
You are the protector of saints and sages. You destroy the Demons, you are dear to Shri Ram.
31. Asht Siddhi Nau Nidhi Ke Data, As Bar Din Janki Mata
You are the giver of eight Sidhis and Nava Nidhis, that was the boon given by mother Sita.
1. Anima-siddhi - The ability to decrease the size of one's body and become smaller than the smallest particle
2. Mahima-siddhi - The ability to increase the size of one's body, ultimately enveloping the universe
3. Laghima-siddhi - The ability to make one's body lighter than air and fly at will
4. Prapti-siddhi - The ability to manifest any object one desires within one's hand
5. Prakamya-siddhi - The ability to attain anything one desires
6. Ishita-siddhi - The ability to control the sub-potencies of the laws of nature
7. Vashita-siddhi - The ability to bring others under one's control
8. Kamavasayita-siddhi - The ability to attain anything anywhere
1. Padam-Nidhi - attainment of children, grandchildren, gold, silver, i.e. the precious metals
2. Mahan-Padam - one gets diamonds, rubies and other gems and jewels (precious stones)
3. Kharab - riches of all kinds
4. Kund - trading in gold
5. Nil - trading in precious stones, jewels, and gems
6. Sankh - delicious eatables (created from nowhere)
7. Kachhap - clothes and food-grains in abundance
8. Mukund - mastery in arts, music, and poetry
9. Makar - gives the art of using weapons and sovereignty on others
32. Ram Rasayan Tumhare Pasa, Sadaa Raho Raghupati Ke Dasa
You hold the essence of devotion to Shri Ram. May you always remain His Servant.
33. Tumhare Bhajan Ram Ko Pavai, Janam-Janam Ke Dukh Bisravai
Through praying to you, one finds Shri Ram and forgets all the suffering of several lives.
34. Ant Kaal Raghubar Pur Jai, Jahan Janm Hari Bhakta Kahai
Then, after death, one enters the abode of Sri Ram and is known as a devotee of Hari, getting new birth.
35. Aur Devta Chitt Na Dharai, Hanumat Sei Sarb Sukh Karai
Even if you do not hold any other god in mind, Hanumanji alone gives all the happiness.
36. Sankat Kate Mite Sab Peera, Jo Sumirai Hanumat Balbeera
The dangers get removed and all the pains disappear, whoever remembers Hanumanji
37. Jai Jai Jai Hanuman Gosain, Krapa Karahu Guru Dev Ki Nai
Hail, Hail, Hail Hanumanji! Please bless me as my teacher god.
38. Jo Sat Baar Paath Kar Koi, Chhutahi Bandi Maha Sukh Hoi
Whoever recites this Hanuman Chalisa one hundred times, becomes free from all the bondages and enjoys the highest bliss.
39. Jo Yah Padhe Hanuman Chaleesa, Hoy Siddhi Sakhi Gaurisa
Whoever recites it would achieve his desire, thus is witnessed
by the husband of Gauri (Parvati), Lord Shiva who had got this Hanuman
40. Tulsidas Sada Hari Chera, Keeje Nath Hriday Mahn Dera
Tulsidas is always the servant of Shri Ram, hence he prays to Hanuman ji, "Oh my Lord! Please enshrine within my heart.”
Doha Pavan Tanay Sankat Haran, Mangal Moorati Roop
Ram Lakhan Sita Sahit, Hriday Basahu Sur Bhoop
O the Son of wind, O the reliever of dangers, you look is the
statue of auscpiciousness. Please reside in my heart along with Shri
Ram, Lakshman and Sita